Distribution Center Supervisor
The Distribution Center Supervisor is directly accountable for providing service to our customers by coordinating the processing of merchandise from the vendor, through the distribution center, directly to the customer. Responsible for a specific area of the Distribution Center, Supervisors oversee from 20-60 employees who process the merchandise and ensure timely and accurate delivery to our customers. Responsible for all aspects of his/her departments operations to include (but not limited to): planning, organizing, and monitoring the receiving, storage, and shipping to ensure a smooth and consistent operation.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, REQUIREMENTS, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Identify and coordinate daily activities for 20-60 employees; inspire your team to achieve desired results in productivity, teamwork, safety, quality, and job knowledge.
- Collaborate across departments to drive optimal productivity; foster an environment in which diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to team lead and team members (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
- Analyze business and performance trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Responsive to employee needs, including professionalism, respect and consideration of others.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to change in the work environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 4+ years of related experience in a distribution or production environment
- 3+ years in a lead or supervisor position strongly preferred