ACCOUNT TECHNICIAN (JACKSONVILLE, FL)
A & Associates is a reputable staffing agency with a proven track record in screening and recruiting as well as job placement and career development. With more than ten (10) offices throughout the Unites States, A & Associates is a company that can be trusted to provide a diverse level of services with excellence, diligence and integrity. “Quality In Everything We Do” is far more than our mantra, it is our standard!!
Explore a career with A & Associates, one of the leading providers for temporary, temp-to-hire, permanent placement services and security guard services.
Jacksonville, FL – Not Remote Eligible
This is technical accounting work in reviewing, processing, and maintenance of accounting or fiscal records. Work requires a knowledge of techniques, methods, and procedures used in performing technical accounting functions and in the reviewing, monitoring, and training of employees performing the clerical-accounting functions and is learned on the job and through specialized training. Contacts require basic courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in dealing with others, and include contacts to request or provide information, ask questions, or obtain clarification.
The work is semi-routine where tasks are covered by procedures or precedents, and although patterned, some latitude is permitted to consider and choose the most appropriate technique, method, or procedure to follow. Work is performed in an office environment. The physical demands consist mainly of sitting or standing at a workstation for extended periods of time, and occasionally lifting and moving light objects weighing up to 20pounds. Operates standard office equipment such as personal computers. The work is performed under general supervision where the work assignments are varied and, although subject to instructions and established work routines, the worker is permitted some latitude to set own priorities subject to superior's approval.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Inspects, reviews and/or maintains a complex record system involving varied accounting, and fiscal transactions, or of a less complex system involving a large number of transactions, in compliance with City and/or departmental rules and procedures.
- Analyzes accounting and fiscal data.
- Posts transactions to proper accounts.
- Compiles and prepares fiscal reports and statements.
- Reconciles and balances financial statements and accounting records.
- Composes correspondence in appropriate word processing software.
- Prepares spreadsheets using appropriate software.
- Receives funds, prepares deposits, and reconciles bank statements
- Operates standard office equipment such as personal computers using wordprocessing, spreadsheet, database, and various accounting related software, copiers,and calculators.
- Creates purchase requisitions and follows up on status.
- Prepares check requests.
- Receipts vendor invoices.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the City of Jacksonville’s competencies
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Knowledge of rules and policies governing budgetary, fiscal, and accounting books,records, and accounts.
- Skill in making and verifying mathematical calculations.
- Skill in maintaining accounting and fiscal records.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment.
- Ability to apply accounting knowledge to work assignments.
- Ability to analyze and audit accounting, budgetary, fiscal data.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job-related rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to train and review the work of others.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as personal computers using word-processing, spreadsheet, databases, and various accounting related software, copiers, and calculators.
OPEN REQUIREMENTS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
- Two years of education and/or clerical or technical accounting experience which includes successful completion of six or more semester hours of college level accounting course work from an accredited institution. Depending upon assignment, must pass background screening on a local, state, and federal level as required by the State of Florida Children and Family Services or Elder Affairs.
- All permanent employees who have served for one year in the class of Account Clerk
and who meet the open requirements may apply.
The probationary period for this class is six months. Depending upon assignment, the position may perform safety-sensitive functions and if so, is subject to pre-employment, random and other drug/alcohol testing programs as set forth in the City of Jacksonville’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
The salary for this position is $15.00 P/H
A & Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jacksonville, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person