Company Name: Smith's Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver an outstanding and exceptional customer service experience. Establish and maintain a safe, clean environment that encourages customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department and regulate all established quality assurance standards. Monitor all tasks, duties and activities for the department. Support day-to-day functions of the Drug GM operations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
- Communicate company, department and job specific information to associates.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets through collaboration and teamwork.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume.
- Train and develop associates on their job performance and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of Drug GM specials.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products.
- Create and execute sales promotions in partnership with store management.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions, especially promotions that affect Drug GM.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads by implementing the department period promotional plan.
- Assist with monitoring and controlling expenses for the department.
- Assist management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan, organize and monitor the inventory process by training department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO).
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures, identifying unsafe conditions, notifying store management of customer or employee accidents, practicing preventive maintenance, properly inspecting equipment and notifying appropriate department or store manager of any in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks, issues and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be 18 or older
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- High school education or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail/Drug GM experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, Smith's currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith's charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WY || Jackson || 1425 S Hwy 89 || 83001 || Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Drug/GM || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Wyoming
Job Segment: Manager, Merchandising, Social Media, Quality Assurance, QA, Management, Retail, Marketing, Quality, Technology