Requisition Number: PVTDU03849
The purpose of this position is to provide skilled nursing care/medication assistance to patients in accordance with physician’s orders and in compliance with company policies/procedures, and State and Federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Provide nursing care and prescribed treatments for patients in accordance with physician’s orders and in compliance with company policies/procedures, state and federal regulations
- Report significant findings to appropriate physician and Clinical Manager
- Implement physician orders in a timely, complete and accurate manner
- Implement the patient’s plan of care, under the direction of the Registered Nurse, in compliance with company policies/procedures, state and federal regulations
- Assure the safety of the treatment procedures, patient and environment at all times
- Provide patient care delivery in a manner that enhances the overall mission, vision, philosophy, goals and objectives of the Company
- Submit clear, accurate and appropriate documentation according to company policy
- Provide medication assistance to patients in accordance with physician orders and as allowed per state practice act.
- Follow emergency procedures when necessary
- Willing to travel to other office locations to assist with staffing as needed
- Attend all mandatory in-services and required meetings
- Maintain appropriate documentation of care provided to patient and any communication with the patients’ physician
- May provide personal, and hygienic care for patients
- Must be willing to travel to other office locations to assist with staffing if needed
- Comply with state and federal regulations
- Communicate information effectively to supervisor and others in a timely manner
- Knowledgeable of current Company policies and procedures and state and federal regulations
- Maintain confidentiality of records, correspondence, etc.
- Attend meetings and in-services as requested
- Abide by all policies and procedures set forth by the Company
- Ensure protection of confidential information that is stored, handled, or maintained by following Company policies and procedures related to confidentiality and/or HIPAA regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Work requires advance knowledge of the Homecare Industry, Medicare Regulations, CMS, and other State/Federal regulatory changes
Required Work Experience:
• One (1) year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse preferred
• Graduate of a Licensed Practical Nursing Program
• Current Licensed Practical Nurse license
• Current CPR Certification
• Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
• Travel required
• Must have reliable transportation
• Current State Driver’s License
• Current Auto Liability Insurance according to Company Policy
Required Computer Software/Equipment Used:
• Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
• Ability to learn HRIS system
• Demonstrate proficiency with company management system
• Demonstrate proficiency with HR Payroll System
• Demonstrate knowledge and ability to use multiple computer programs
• Standard Office Equipment
• Blood Pressure Equipment
• Routine Blood Supplies
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
• Work is performed in a standard home health environment
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Required Safety Expectations:
• Working safely and follow safety rules
• Report unsafe working conditions and behaviors
• Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
• Does not have direct supervisory responsibilities
• Supervisor frequently determines priorities
• Occasionally needs manager’s direction due to extraordinary circumstances
Analytical Thinking: Able to gather and analyze data and reach appropriate conclusion; Solves problems in a timely manner.
Customer Service: Possesses good interpersonal skills while dealing with emotional or difficult situations; Responds promptly to customer’s needs.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own decisions, actions and results; Able to maintain dependable behavior in times of crisis or complexity.
Attendance: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered; Arrives at meetings on time. Returns from lunch and breaks appropriately.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification.
Ethical Behavior: Upholds organizational values and abides by state and federal regulations; Maintains confidentiality of HIPAA information; Treats others with respect.
Initiative: Seeks increased responsibility; sets self-improvement goals linked to the organizational goals.
Job and Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of the position and industry; Seeks additional information.
Productivity and Quality of Work: Maintains high level of performance while demonstrating commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
Teamwork: Displays ease working with others; Contributes ideas and skills to team; Puts success of team above own interests.