CSI Health is actively seeking a Billing Specialist for our client located in the Jackson, Tennessee area.
Billing Specialist will be responsible for qualifying, preparing and submitting claims to Major Medical and Medicaid.
- Individual must work with a long term care facility staff, =pharmacy operations staff, prescriber offices, third party payers, patients and/or their responsible parties and claim processors.
- This position requires work within several different operating systems and web based programs to retrieve document images, collect supporting or additional information on fills and work claims through to resolution to ensure compliant, timely and accurate billing practices.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing healthcare reimbursement, medical insurance/billing or related work.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with healthcare reimbursement systems.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- Entry level position;
- 0-2 years of pharmacy billing experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and prioritization skills
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Good computer skills requiring basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and good typing skills.
- Verifiable high school diploma or equivalent required.