Armstrong Flooring has an opportunity for a Materials Planner Scheduler due to an internal promotion. Our Materials Planner Scheduler works with the Demand Planning and Logistics teams at Corporate plus the Manufacturing Managers in Jackson to schedule production for our flooring lines. You will plan and prepare manufacturing production schedules and departmental workflows to establish sequence and lead time of each production operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders. Expedite operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions. Analyze plant capacity and production requisition data to determine manufacturing processes and required resource and prepare production reports. You will be critical in managing the flow of all raw material all the way through to finished product, optimizing finished product output, improve flow, customer service and inventory control.
Location: 1085 Hwy 80 West, Jackson, MS 39204
Materials Planner Scheduler Salary: $65,000 - 80,000, based on experience (Gr. 9/10)
How you’ll contribute to the team:
- Develop production schedules to optimize throughput, maintain cost effective inventory and raw material levels, and design a smooth process flow while meeting customer shipment dates.
- Coordinate with the Corporate Planning team to plan production sequence to meet Production, Sales, and Inventory and Master Production Schedules.
- Work with our Distribution Center and Materials Managers to balance raw material delivery schedule and production needs.
- Track daily Commercial and Residential line adherence to the production schedule.
- Communicate production schedules to Production, Maintenance teams to allow proper preparation and planning of work activities, and generate reports related to schedule adherence, customer fill rates.
- Give input in the materials management process improvement efforts to eliminate non-value activities, optimize asset management and maximize scrap utilization.
- Provide local expertise to the Corporate Logistics team around planning, scheduling and customer feedback on service and schedule conformance.
- Forecast raw material usage based on production schedule.
- Manage procurement and daily delivery times of all raw materials in the facility.
- Oversee vendors and forecasting.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years applicable experienceOR Associate degree plus 5+ years applicable experienceOR 10+ years applicable experience
- SAP or other ERP experience