Who We Are: Home of the original Bistro Bowl® complete meal salad, Southern California-based Ready Pac Foods, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BOND.PA), has been giving people the freedom to eat healthier for nearly 50 years. As a premier producer of convenience fresh foods and fresh cut produce and with processing facilities throughout the United States, Ready Pac Foods manufactures a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Fresh Prep'd™ brands. Offerings include fresh-cut salads, soup kits, wrap kits, fruits, vegetables and fresh snacking options available where consumers buy groceries and in restaurant chains across North America For more information, visit www.readypac.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Dispatcher will communicate with customer logistics, shipping, supervisors, jockeys, drivers and other designated personnel on all matters affecting customer service. Dispatchers will also assign drivers routes needing coverage and follow up to ensure timely dispatch. Must fully understand the Pending Report and build loads assigned to shift.
What you will Do:
- Ensure all routes are covered giving drivers sufficient notice for unscheduled or uncovered routes.
- Build loads in JDE for the next shift loading and ensure all paperwork required by shipping is in the proper sequence and the pertinent notes made on the Pick Lists.
- Check the Bill of Lading (BOL) to ensure it matches the Pick List.
- Be certain that the driver has all paperwork for his/her route (BOL, Route Manifest, Miller trip report) and make sure the driver is aware of any special requests.
- Insist that all drivers call in after each stop and when any problems arise on the route.
- If there are any shorts or damages and/or if the driver is running late for his appointment, this needs to be reported to CL as soon we are aware of the situation.
- Upon a driver's return check for the following:
Signed copies of all POD's. Make sure all variances are noted.
Completed trip report
DVIR - notify the proper parties if there are any safety issues needing repair.
Returned goods disposition form completed for any returned product.
- Keep the dispatch board current.
- Secure write - ups from drivers for any accidents.
- Keep up to date directions for all of our delivered customers.
- Keep all tracking sheets current (Transportation Update). Call drivers and carriers as needed to get all times required.
- Food Quality and Safety
Provide drivers with a seal for each customer and for the first stop record the seal number on the customer's BOL.
Instruct all outside carriers to set their reefer at 34° continuous run.
For any product returned, instruct the driver to keep the reefer running until product is unloaded
- Any other duties assigned by management.
What you will Need:
- GED/High School Diploma Preferred.
- 2+ years experience in transportation function
- Reading, Writing, Speaking English Preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (word/excel).
- Knowledge of GMP's & Safety Guidelines.
- Good communication and Customer service/telephone skills.
- Ability to work in a cold environment (limited exposure).
- Ability to work flexible schedule, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be crossed trained & multitask in multiple positions.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers and outside vendors.
Related Success Metrics:
- Performance efficiencies (fill rate, labor & yield), rework, OEE, production specification compliance
- FO, KPI, Quality Response, Consumer Complaints
- Excellence- ability to deliver consistent quality results through sense of urgency and taking initiative, while also demonstrating flexibility to meet business needs.
- People-minded- ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrates listening skills and ensures physical safety of self and others.
- Integrity- honors commitments, acts honestly and with accountability.
- Fairness- ensures objectivity and sets a good example for others.
Physical Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to perform repetitive movements. The associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The associate frequently works in high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.