At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what's next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
As a Research Associate, you will provide operational support and day-to-day management of corn and soybean product development, characterization, and commercialization programs at the Champaign, IL, Research Center. In addition, we are looking for an individual with background or interest in site safety leadership. You will be accountable for all phases of planning, growing, phenotyping, and harvesting of research materials to meet pre-commercial product advancement, nursery pollination and data quality goals. Adoption and implementation of evolving technologies and methodologies to enhance and improve the corn research process will be required.
Responsibilities - How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Conduct field experiments to completion, according to specific protocols, exercising independent judgment and discretion as appropriate.
- Collaborate with local and departmental staff to collect timely data and summarize results of experiments, note problem areas during data collection, and recommending actions to be taken where needed.
- Engage with local team to support station assignments, efficient work planning and process improvement, including support of Centralized Corn Pollination and IFS activities.
- Leadership in site safety culture and ensure adherence to safety standards.
- Always Uphold Corteva Agriscience Core Values
Requirements - What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor's degree with up to 2 years industry related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as math and computer skills. Familiarity with use of data collection devices.
- Ability to operate field equipment in planting, maintenance and harvest of research plots.
- Broad theoretical grounding and understanding in specialized or technical areas (i.e. chemistry, biology, engineering, advanced data collection systems)
- May be required to do physical lifting and work in varying ergonomic environments.
Benefits - Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!