The Assistant Project Manager works with the Project Team and our Field Management to construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship.
This position is responsible for subcontractor management, submittals, buyout, great client relations and cost estimation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with safety procedures/policies and addresses and/or elevates non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Supports the Quality personnel and the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Develops various construction means and methods with the Superintendent and/or Project Manager to optimize safety, cost, equipment utilization, schedule efficiency, and communication with the client.
- Manages/reviews all foremen's reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.
- Monitors material yields and modifies operations to minimize waste.
- Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team.
- Takes a site walk each day to monitor the project's progress and to remain fully aware of any developing issues.
- Assists the preparation of the 12 month cash flow schedule
- Reviews and understands the extra work billing format. Updates all budgets to incorporate owner change orders.
- Oversees subcontractors and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Actively participates in the development of the Four Week Look Ahead schedules with the Superintendents using basic logic to incorporate resources, submittals, approvals, lead times, restraints, and milestones.
- Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Participates in recruiting and interviewing candidates.
- Participates in Business Development activities to promote the company's brand and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 3 or more years of experience or equivalent
- Successfully led and managed projects or operations valued at $5 million or a series of projects or operations simultaneously with an aggregate value greater than $5 million
- Background in project start-up meetings, sub-contractor and vendor by-outs, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost-to-completes
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS, JD Edwards and Expedition software
- Working knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying
- Working knowledge of Change Order Index
- Knowledge of NEC requirements and other industry standards, NABCEP certification preferred
- Must be open to travel or relocation
- *All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
- *Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- * CS Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters and/or third parties in response to our job postings. Any unsolicited resumes become property of CS Energy and we reserve the right to pursue and hire any such candidate.
About CS Energy
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you.
CS Energy is an industry-leading engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) energy firm that designs and builds optimized projects in solar, energy storage, and emerging energy industries. CS Energy’s attention to detail, flawless execution and highly talented workforce has enabled the company to successfully design and install over 1 GW of solar projects across the United States. CS Energy leverages strong relationships with solar developers, IPPs, utilities, off-takers, suppliers, and landowners to help our customers streamline the project development process, lower project costs, and create value for all stakeholders. Majority-owned by Ares Infrastructure and Power, CS Energy has an experienced and committed management team and the financial resources required to continue expanding its solar and energy storage business as a trusted and long-term partner.
Ares Infrastructure and Power strategy seeks to provide flexible capital for cash-generating assets across the climate infrastructure, natural gas generation, and energy transportation sectors. Ares Infrastructure and Power leverages a broadly skilled and cohesive team of more than 25 investment professionals with deep domain experience and has deployed $9 billion of capital in more than 200 different infrastructure and power assets and companies. Ares Management Corporation is a leading global alternative investment manager operating integrated businesses across Credit, Private Equity and Real Estate. Ares Management’s investment groups collaborate to deliver innovative investment solutions and consistent and attractive investment returns for fund investors throughout market cycles. Ares Management’s global platform had $165 billion of assets under management as of June 30, 2020 and employs approximately 1,300 employees across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, pro form for the acquisition of SSG Capital Holdings Limited which closed on July 1, 2020.
The Conti Group is a privately held group of companies spanning the construction, engineering, renewable energy, real estate, technology and biotech markets whose mission is to create positive impact and great value for customers, partners, employees, and society.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.