With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance Technician C performs preventive maintenance on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks. This position requires basic knowledge of vehicle systems to perform routine maintenance and repair. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment, and your world.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of a vehicle's mechanical and electrical systems to perform basic preventive maintenance and some repair functions.
- Areas of equipment maintenance may include: Vehicle PM inspections and adjustments; Oil changes and fluids replenishment; Adjustments and light repairs including tire changes; and Basic electrical work, such as light changes; Conducts visual inspections to identify potential equipment issues and identify the sources of malfunctions using a variety of tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Completion of a certified diesel maintenance program is a plus but not required.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T8 PM is a plus but not required.
- Valid Driver's License
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.