Responsible for a variety of claims to conclusion within established range of authority. Claim content includes those with substantial damage and/or exposure. Work involves independent judgment with minimal direction.
- Handle initial report of loss and control costs. Investigate and maintain a complete and thoroughly documented claim file.
- Treat customers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner. Provide timely, thorough, accurate information and assistance.
- Conduct timely investigations including recorded statements.
- Identify subrogation and/or salvage situations in a timely manner to protect the interests of the Corporation.
- Develop subordinates.
- Maintain necessary licensing and continuing education.
- Actively pursues means to achieve customer service goals. Supervises the internal operations of the team to ensure corporate service goals are met and customer's satisfaction is achieved. Organizes and plans all team activity.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Associate / Bachelor's degree in business related discipline preferred.
- 4 + years in customer service or financial services industry is needed. Prior leadership experience is needed. Education may be used as a proxy for experience.
- Ability to perform technical based activities
- Knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts.
- Leveraging technical expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results
- High degree of analytical and organizational skills
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Insurance is a leading provider of automobile-related insurance, vehicle maintenance and reinsurance products, and services for automobile dealers and their customers. The business focuses on developing and maintaining robust and lasting relationships developed directly with our dealers. By partnering with them, we are best able to offer them comprehensive solutions for their business, and valuable products and services to consumers.
The business offers vehicle service and maintenance contracts, including our flagship, industry leading product, Ally Premier Protection which is available for new and used vehicles of virtually all makes and models, as well as other ancillary F-I products, such as our GAP and Tire - Wheel products. Ally Insurance also services the insurance needs of our dealers' businesses by offering dealer inventory insurance, and liability and property protection, as well as provides training and consultative services to help their business succeed.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation -- or total rewards -- extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: benefits to help you plan for the near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility support as well as benefits that help you take care of your family -- parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer