Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Cook II (1.0 FTE, Evening Shift) in Nutrition Services at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA.
Cook II is responsible for preparing food products utilizing basic and advanced cooking techniques, standardized recipes and plating guidelines, meeting production schedules in accordance with health, safety, and sanitary procedures. Responsible for processing food items, ensuring proper utilization and storage of food and supplies and for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of equipment, supplies, and work areas. Participate in recipe and menu development, showcase culinary skills and products, and perform related tasks as required.
In this position you will:
- Accurately completes issue requisitions as assigned. Inventories, orders appropriate amounts of product and stock supplies in work area as required, updating issue requisitions as needed during the day so that accurate costs are allocated to the appropriate areas.
- Takes and records temperatures of food, refrigerators and assures sanitizing solution is at the proper level. Records measurements throughout each shift on the appropriate log. Takes action if discrepancies are indicated. Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail; completes daily documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Prepares orders in a timely manner, maintaining the guidelines of the one piece flow process.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to standardized recipes and/or plating guidelines, using kitchen utensils and equipment to prepare a variety of menu items.
- Uses advanced cooking techniques: sautés, blanches, poaches, simmers, deep fries, braises, sears, emulsifies, prepares batters, and makes recipe/ingredient substitutions. Uses basic cooking techniques: Bakes, roasts, steams, boils, grills, and fries. Slices meats, pre-portions food in serving pans or on serving plates. Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Culinary degree, or equivalent from a college or technical school or formalized apprenticeship. Or equivalent educ/experience
- 2 years professional full service line cook experience in a full service establishment such as a restaurant or hotel where the majority of the products were prepared on the premises from fresh ingredients using standardized recipes.
- Must have high-volume line cooking experience.
- Current State of Washington Food Handler Permit.
About the Issaquah Campus.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists.