General Manager - Wendys
JOB TITLE: General Manager
SUPERVISOR: District Manager
Our Company is committed to your success by providing you with the training and tools you need to be successful. Our success is based on your commitment to the guest. Guests come first and are the most important people in our business because they make our paychecks possible.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Manages the operations and staff of a restaurant, including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs, and systems. Ensures achievement of restaurant objectives are reached in all areas while following all Company guidelines. Ensures ethical business practices. Provides leadership, direction, training, and development to subordinate managers and crew. Creates and maintains a “Delight Every Customer.“ environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
5 – Star Talent
- Develops subordinates to maximize their contributions and future promotion opportunities. Executes proper training and development through established systems and practices.
- Ensures execution of the restaurant's Human Resource programs with a goal of retention. Ensures achievement of proper staffing levels. Utilizes ongoing system for the recruitment, development, recognition, and retention of restaurant management and Crew. Prepares and conducts quality, timely performance feedback and performance appraisals for store management and crew. Works with HR and District Manager to ensure expedient and appropriate resolution. Must be able to develop Crew and all levels of Management.
- Ensures proper execution of and compliance with Company policies and procedures. Works with District Manager to establish restaurant priorities, and develops and executes restaurant plans. Informally evaluates restaurant performance, receives and incorporates feedback from restaurant inspections, and implements action plans to improve restaurant ratings. Conducts regular managers' meetings to communicate and reinforce priorities.
“A Cut Above” Customer Experience
- Trains, monitors, and reinforces food safety procedures to Management and Crew Members. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; initiates corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Ensures the continual improvement of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness standards on all day parts, including the monitoring of food product quality. Ensures “A” Level result on the Operations Evaluation, including Customer Courtesy standards are met; implements corrective action as required
- Ensures protection of the Wendy's brand and company assets through restaurant compliance with Company policies and procedures. Evaluates restaurant performance at specified intervals using Company inspection form; coaches and retrains Managers as required.
Growth and Profit
- Maximizes restaurant sales goals versus budget and prior year, including participating in marketing programs. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance sales. Manages assigned restaurant requirements for new product rollouts/procedures.
- Maximizes profit goals versus budget and prior year. Manages food, labor, and paper costs and other controllable expenses to include store supplies, office supplies, and uniforms. Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance profits.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
High School Diploma or GED required
18 years old or older
Minimum of 3 years line operations experience in the restaurant industry; or equivalent of education and experience.
- Ability to learn and apply the standard operating procedures of the Company.
- Ability to learn and apply HR Policies and Procedures.
- P&L analysis and corrective measures.
- Demonstrated experience in Supervisory practices.
- Demonstrated experience Interviewing and identifying High Performing candidates.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local employment laws.
- Ability to execute training and development practices.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete recommended training programs such as Serve Safe and Phase Training.
- Able to achieve Serve Safe Certification.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Customer Orientation
- Organizing and Planning
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Financial Analysis
- Constructive Conflict
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time without a break.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments.
- Must be able to walk.
- Must be able to bend and kneel.
- Must be able to reach and grab.
- Must be able to work in loud environment.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to wear a headset to take orders.
- Must be able to talk.
- Must be able to smell and taste.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to travel to other locations, as necessary.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timelines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform duties accurately.