Are you ready to grow sales and be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Counter Sales Associate in Islandia, NY!
What you will do:
As a Counter Sales Associate you are the first thing our customers see as they walk into our branches you are the face of Airgas! You will sell medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers. The Counter Sales Associate responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in as well as provides additional warehouse support as needed.
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers assisting customers with identification of product needs and locating merchandise.
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures.
- Wraps and bags purchases and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will have:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience
- SAP experience
- Prior welding experience (such as knowledge in MIG, TIG, and Stick Welding)
- Prior experience operating a forklift
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability