Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Engineer to join our Cloud Operations team to help us progress the process maturity of our applications, infrastructure and the services behind Medidata's cloud platform with focus on automation, availability, latency and scalability
- Work with Cloud Platform Engineering teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
- Develop, Install, test and debug automated tasks. (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Using industry best practices, you'll oversee application troubleshooting, maintenance, identification, escalation and resolution of issues.
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions.
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands.
- Champion a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms.
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortem.
- Hands on experience on managing operations of large-scale production environments for application or infrastructure services at enterprise level preferably on AWS.
- Programming skills in Java or Python or similar OOP.
- Strong in Linux, Ubuntu and Windows dotnet OS.
- Experience with NewRelic, Sumo Logic/Splunk or other log monitoring tools.
- Strong understanding of container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with automation, idempotent deployments testing, continuous delivery pipelines (eg GoCD/Jenkins), and documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems (Linux/Windows), configuration management (eg Ansible/Saltstack) and cloud automation (CloudFormation/Terraform).
- Experience in applying 12 factor app methodology to application design to achieve reliability.
- Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection (chaos engineering) and self-healing.
- Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
- Hands-on working knowledge of managing applications and services in private and public cloud preferably AWS.
Your Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline.
- Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains.
- Supporting mobile applications.
- Tableau administration.
- Clinical research knowledge or worked in a regulated environment.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.