About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under limited direction, serves as a Lead Information Systems Programmer and Analyst, strategist and subject matter expert to ensure optimal use of PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource module design in compliance to PeopleSoft delivered platform configuration, unless otherwise expressly authorized to implement customizations to meet COH specific business requirements. The key responsibility of this role is to lead the creation and enforcement of PeopleSoft development standards, provide technical leadership of the PeopleSoft Service Delivery Team and provide a conduit for strategic application tuning and infrastructure feasibility planning to the Systems Administration Team. This role also collaborates closely with PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource Business and Systems Analysts to define or review requirements, design and develop optimal system solutions at an expert level programmer analyst.
The Lead PeopleSoft Programmer / Analyst should be able to work directly with senior ERP Leadership at all levels to lead the technical direction for strategic initiatives.
A tertiary responsibility of this role is to support the non-PeopleSoft ancillary systems included in the Business Support Systems application portfolio. Functions in this area include supporting new installations, upgrades, interfaces and production break fix resolution for third party vendor systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the creation and enforcement of PeopleSoft development standards, provide technical leadership of the PeopleSoft Service Delivery Team and provide a conduit for strategic application tuning and infrastructure feasibility planning to the Systems Administration Team.
- Able to work directly with senior ERP Leadership at all levels to lead the technical / architectural direction for strategic initiatives.
- Assign technical development tasks to the Development Team based on workload and technical capability.
- Provides expert level strategic perspective on the operational and detailed technical impact of functional business requirements against existing and planned PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource deployments and upgrades.
- Assists Business Analysts and Systems Analysts in developing PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource functional specifications with an expert emphasis on ensuring requirement specificity for reasonable deliverable expectations without compromising application integrity for affected functionality not identified in the requirements.
- Provides expert level PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource technical design and programming with an emphasis on leveraging delivered functionality to deliver products with efficient operation, reuse, and reasonable use of new toolsets where applicable.
- Delivers expert level quality unit tested PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource System components which fully comply with business requirements (including suggested and agreed upon refinements). Demonstrated by finding relatively few minor functional issues during System, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Collaborates with Business Systems Analysts and Information Technology Systems development teammates to evaluate solution alternatives and strongly influence recommended solutions using delivered PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource functionality balancing the optimal use of configuration and development.
- Assists in establishing PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource system testing requirements and provides expert technical support on system and integration tests to ensure application requirements are successfully met.
- Provides expert level technical guidance and mentoring to develop less experienced Peoplesoft Financial and Human Resource programmers.
- May function as technical project leader during PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource System implementations, including hardware/software installation and user training. Includes assisting with project plan development as appropriate.
- Provides production support of the PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource suite of applications.
- Coordinates with Business Systems Analysts to provide ad hoc reporting support in response to management and production support requests.
- Attends PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource Project Prioritization Meetings with users to discuss project progress and prioritize future projects in accordance with established PeopleSoft implementation strategy.
- Maintains PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Provides technical enhancement and production support for ancillary Business Support Systems applications outside of the core PeopleSoft application framework.
- Expected to use good judgment in raising management awareness to priority conflicts and serious concerns in proposed requirements to allow management team members to remedy these situations in a timely manner.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Sciences or experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Five or more years in a programmer/analyst position working with PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource and supporting business partner interfaces. Experience in leading small to mid-sized projects and providing technical team leadership.
- Participation in user interface. Formulate and track detailed project schedules and estimates.
- Develop project plans with timelines and task assignments.
- AppDesigner, Java, XML, Integration Broker, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Enterprise Portal, HR Portal, SQL, SQR, Peoplesoft Applications and Tools, Micro Focus COBOL, Oracle Database, NVision Reporting, Crystal reports, Visio, UNIX Shell Scripting, MS. Project, MS Office Suite.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.