Requisition Number: SOFTW01095
The Software Developer must be self-motivated, innovative and disciplined. They must be comfortable working in a team environment and able to handle multiple priorities throughout the day. They must also be comfortable following architectural and coding design standards, developing in a Windows environment, and creating/modifying/supporting both Windows Services and Web Applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop services and applications
- Maintain and improve existing systems
- Develop and assist Quality Assurance and testing phases during the Software Development Life Cycle
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Must be willing to be on-call support for all TPS-developed applications on a rotating, monthly basis (about 6 weeks per year)
- Must be able to work closely with business users and quickly adapt to their software needs
- Must have reliable, dependable, and predictable attendance
Self-Starter – The Software Developer shall work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. They show a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy, working within a collaborative environment to achieve the desired results.
Uses Effective Communication Skills - The Software Developer has effective communication skills that help facilitate discussions and gather feedback within the organization. They are candid, clear, and concise in their communication and tailor their content to the target audience.
Customer Focus - The Software Developer will attempt to maintain a customer perspective when creating or modifying services. The developer is viewed as a business partner who can adjust to their needs to that of the customer, ensuring there are no barriers to fulfilling business requirements.
Displays Leadership/Team Orientation - The Software Developer displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization’s success. They effectively practice a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilizes and inspires others to take action; and is willing and able to lead beyond their area of expertise.
Technical Skills - The Software Developer holds themselves and others to high standards. They strive to stay up to date with technical advancements, are proactive in sharing knowledge with their peers, and continue to push the envelope when necessary. Strong computer and analytical skills and proficiency with database, spreadsheet and internet applications are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is preferred, but commensurate experience is acceptable in lieu of such a degree
- Good knowledge of programming principles
- Good understanding of OOP principles and application/database operations
- Knowledge of web technologies (HTML5, Vue.js, TypeScript, SCSS)
- Ability to troubleshoot dense, complicated situations to get at the root cause
- Strict adherence to best-practices / standards, as defined by the TPS development team
- Good documentation habits
- Self-motivated, team-player
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience with dotnet core
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and git version control
- Familiarity with Transaction Structured Query Language (T-SQL)
- Familiarity with containers and container infrastructures (e.g. Docker, K8s)
- Basic knowledge of cloud technologies
Ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, telephone, calculator, printer, copy and fax machines. Position may require extended work hours on short notice. All work will be performed in an indoor office environment and may require extended periods of sitting, standing and bending and typing/data entry. The job may also include driving, and airline travel. Travel may be required to attend meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.