Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world's most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 80,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of more than $80 billion.
Position Title: Program Controls Governance Lead - Network Business Performance - Controls - 6E
PLEASE NOTE: Position can be located in any Crown Castle Office nationwide.
As a Program Controls Governance member on the Network Business Performance & Controls team you are responsible for engaging directly with operational leadership from across Network Crown Castle to understand existing execution processes, analyze gaps in how we are operating and build out business process to control in capital projects. You will be in lock step with leaders in the Network operations, Internal Audit, Program Controls Managers and Network Finance teams acting as an objective layer, conducting controls governance and working with all necessary stakeholders to lead all controls governance audit actions. Your ultimate goal is driving proactive audit-proofing execution against open findings, working to full remediation on time. You will be on the front line of the connectivity revolution as a key support to driving clear understanding of governance and compliance with controls SOPs.
- Provide Status, measures, and updates on controls measures, processes, and changes regarding prior audits.
- Partner with Audit to track, report, and manage all controls-related items on audit findings
- Support Governance Manager on operational level controls measures nationally, including finding gaps and weaknesses where control points need to be tightened, enhanced, or modified
- Create internal analytics, reports, and dashboards that support Regional Program Controls Managers, through Power BI
- Act as lead integrator between audit and audit finding owners to ensure timely and accurate remediation of all open audit findings.
- Build and maintain controls governance audit finding database, ensuring integration with both Audit updates and Business Performance project updates.
- Act as Controls Special Project Manager, interacting with Business Process teams (Field Standards and Guidelines, Central Ops & Performance, and Business Process Improvement) as well as Network teams, to identify requirements, process changes, training, and communication related to Program Controls scope, control points, data points, measures, and system needs.
- Interact with various Project Delivery efforts, on behalf of Program Controls, including workstreams that include (but not limited to): Estimating, Finance, Project Management systems and processes.
- Facilitate the development, documentation and communication of long-range business process & controls goals and strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting/Finance preferred or equivalent experience
- Three (3) years' experience in auditing, process/project management or related
- Two (2)• years' experience in executing analytical project efforts
- Experience developing financial controls and process documentation
- Experience in capital intensive construction or engineering industries, telecom a plus
- Experience in requirements gathering, scope drafting, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling, and achieving objectives on schedule and within budget
- Experience with Oracle Financial system or similar ERP systems
- Experience with multiple unit reporting entities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, recommend solutions, and collaboratively implement changes
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively with all levels within the organization, including executive and senior management teams
- Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms
- Ability to travel domestically as required
- A constant example of modeling Crown Castle's B3 values.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge business intelligence reporting tools is a plus (ie. Power BI, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts) including experience building complex financial models
Reports to: Network Controls - Governance Controls Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. During COVID19 conditions, this role will work remotely to mitigate risk.
Additional Information: N/A