Bldg Maintenance Tech II
This individual is responsible for routine and ongoing assessments of building systems ensuring proper operations and assessing repair and maintenance needs for such systems. Duties include monitoring the operation of all electrical systems and equipment in the building including critical data center systems such as computer room ac units, standby emergency power, uninterruptable power supplies, power distribution systems and associated infrastructure. Maintain the operation of, troubleshoot and repair all HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, and fire/life safety systems. Monitor energy and water consumption to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness. Oversee the proper conduct and performance of all outside contractors and ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions and company directives as relates to building operations. Maintain excellent customer service relationships by ensuring all service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner. Knowledge of building and electrical codes is required. This position requires knowledge and some experience with commercial office building components including ceiling tiles, flooring, carpentry, painting, appliances, etc.
- Respond to all maintenance service requests; ensuring that work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconveniences. Check malfunctioning equipment, ascertain corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition, repairs and close out work orders in a timely manner.
- Implement and monitor a preventative maintenance program to maximize useful life and operational efficiency of all building equipment.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of building installed systems to include plumbing systems, kitchen, electrical, HVAC, and fire safety equipment, roofs and drains.
- Maintain lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures, and replacing bulbs, ballasts and lamps in a very timely manner
- Install and repair plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors; run conduit, pull wire, install/relocate outlets, motion sensors, etc.
- Oversee the proper performance and conduct of all contractors.
- Oversee critical work efforts (including third party contractors), for the safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventative) and modification of critical equipment.
- Assist contracting staff in developing specifications and assist in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
- Maintain on site library of building plans and manuals.
- Assist in developing and maintaining effective building specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Assist in snow and ice clearing operations, including shoveling and salting activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) and/or certifications from trade schools in electrical system design, refrigeration, and/or HVAC required.
- 3+ years of building operations maintenance experience and/or support in a critical facility environment preferred
- Applicable license or permit for trade as required including, at a minimum, Journeyman or Master Electrician license.
- Working knowledge and experience of electrical/installation/panel work in both low and high voltage electrical switchgear/distributions systems, including generators, ATS, switchgear, relays, and UPS systems.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organizational structure
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to interact effectively with internal and external customers and provide excellent customer service
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently with a strong work ethic. Able to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel and working knowledge of Outlook for email is required.
- On-call availability is required.
- Must be able to work extended hours including evenings and weekends when necessary to meet business needs.