HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare—now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for an Accounting Services Manager manages and directs AP and PeopleSoft Accounting functions and staff, including collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information.
- Act as first point-of-contact for individuals with AP and PeopleSoft-related concerns and/or questions.
- Oversee AP function, including vendor relations, payment disbursements, tax filings and PeopleSoft AP system management.
- Oversee PeopleSoft Administration function, including system security controls, workflow administration and SOX reporting.
- Review and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Review and approve journal entries.
- Manage monthly close for AP
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Maintain financial security by observing internal controls for all accounting functions.
- Consider and implement efforts to improve team effectiveness and process efficiency.
- Achieve accounting operational objectives by ensuring productivity, quality and customer-service standards are met.
- Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage own time on daily basis.
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance.
- Ability to operate MS Office, especially Excel, proficiently.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and continually heavy workloads.
- Ability to be careful and thorough about details.
- Ability to learn HIPPA privacy and security rules.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic and process to address work-related issues and problems.
- Ability to organize well.
- Ability to work in team or individual environment to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to use technical features within PeopleSoft.
- Ability to provide strong customer service.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with team members outside Accounting.
- Ability to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime assignments).
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent training and education required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- 7 years working in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable with experience in PeopleSoft
Nothing on this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.