We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The mello UXD Team:
You’ll be joining our small but growing team of passionate designers who aspire to transform the digital mortgage process. You will be responsible for supporting loanDepot’s enterprise and consumer technology solutions by creating create intuitive, trustworthy, and meaningful experiences through customer driven innovation, cross team collaboration, and industry best practices to transform the digital mortgage process. You will work closely with product managers and software developers to communicate concepts from pencil through high fidelity designs including interaction flows, wireframes, storyboards, visual style, and assets for new and existing experiences. You will assist in ensuring the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, and all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
What You’ll Bring:
- Design intuitive, trustworthy, and meaningful experiences for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Positive attitude and open to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Craft user workflow diagrams, wireframes, rapid prototypes, and high fidelity designs.
- Maintain design patterns according to our design system.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as product management and engineering.
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver key initiatives on schedule.
- Produce design deliverables for engineering teams to ensure that design specs are implemented properly.
- Stay updated with competitor products and industry trends.
- Familiar with behavior-driven development and First Principles Thinking.
- Loves to learn and is genuinely curious.
- A minimum of four (4) + years’ in user experience design using industry best practices.
- Experience with professional UX design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Abstract, and Figma.
- Organized and exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiar designing for B2C and B2E applications.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining Design System patterns.
- Confident in designing for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices (both native and responsive).
- Proven skills in interaction design and user experience principles.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating beautiful, user-centered design solutions.
- Strong record of iterative design, working closely with customers, peers, and developers from inception through implementation.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.