Solutions Architect, Alexa Auto Global Partners, Partner Engagement, Amazon Smart Vehicles
The Amazon Alexa Auto team is seeking an experienced and passionate Solutions Architect to work with our global automotive supplier partners with focus on North America and Japan on their journey to build next generation in-cabin voice experiences.
As a Solutions Architect on the Alexa Auto team, you will work closely with the global business development team to establish technical credibility for Alexa Automotive. You will interact with Automotive OEMs and their suppliers, to capture and convey best architectural practices and provide guidance and technical support to implement Alexa in vehicles, via direct partner interaction, development of technical content, and participating in events/evangelism/training. You will also help drive the evolution of the Alexa Automotive technologies by providing direct input and feedback from the field to the engineering and product teams who are developing the Alexa Automotive offering. You will apply your expertise to facilitate experimentation, create scale, and accelerate adoption of voice-forward experiences in the vehicle, becoming the trusted advisor of big and small organizations that are inventing the future of voice-first experiences in the cabin with Alexa Auto.
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving team that has the global responsibility of building solid trust-based relationships with key partners around the world that share a passion and a vision for the future of voice in the car. The ideal candidate has past experience working as a systems engineer, developer or technical architect of advanced consumer electronics, and a strong understanding of the various interactions between the different systems and signals that coexist in an automotive infotainment system. You will need to be able to manage multiple relationships, while also having the capability to dive deep and work on complex technical issues. You must possess a unique combination of deep technical knowledge and business acumen to ensure that our partners are able to take full advantage of Alexa Auto and are delivering a delightful end user experience together with the global automotive OEMs.
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Relevant years of experience in the design and development of complex IT systems
- Experience working in the automotive industry
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, pre-sales engineer or solutions architect
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Deep understanding of automotive in-vehicle-infotainment (IVI) system architecture
- Previous experience developing software targeting Android, QNX or embedded Linux
- Experience with speech-related hardware systems · Experience in the voice processing, portable device or personal digital assistant industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.