Software Development Manager
Alexa is the ground-breaking personal assistant from Amazon. Alexa Voice enables Alexa integration for all on-the-go use cases, including voice support in the Alexa app, a strategic growth initiative, and extensibility to 3rd party integrations (headphones, automotive) via the Alexa Accessory platform. The problems we work on are both technically complex and highly visible.
Who We Are:
Alexa Voice is an organization of engineers committed to bringing Alexa to wherever our customers need, when they need it most. We have deep expertise across the stack from to backend. We are -driven and focus on making Alexa simpler and more convenient to use every day. We are growing rapidly in Austin and looking for development managers to build and talented engineering teams.
Who You Are:
▪ You lead a team of engineers in the development, testing, deployment, and operation of focused, consumer or developer-facing software solutions.
▪ You have a passion for voice technology and want to expand Alexa's reach in ways our customers have not yet dreamed of.
▪ You hire and develop highly-motivated engineers, building leaders in your division.
▪ You take ownership of the , quality, performance, and operational excellence of the product your team produces.
▪ You are a cross-team leader.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
▪ Develops long-term strategies and influences leadership decisions ▪ Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills ▪ Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills ▪ Program and project management experience and skills Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us