The Sr Network Administrator is responsible for management of all physical and virtual networking environments in. The Sr Network Administrator will be responsible for overseeing the design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of a large-scale infrastructure including network routers, switches, firewalls, and data circuits along with some physical and virtual servers, user computers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architect, design and plan for all networking needs including a disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Install, support, and maintain networking hardware and software according to best practices, including application and utility servers, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Implement all aspects of the network infrastructure, supporting small to large size offices
- Collaborate with team members and various groups to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions, and policy recommendations
- Ensure continued smooth operation of the network infrastructure, working to minimize network downtime and the effects of downtime on users by scheduling needed maintenance or upgrades to provide minimal disruption of service to users
- Proactively monitor and analyze network performance to detect and resolve issues, and perform stringent network testing before implementing solutions
- Support internal application groups by identifying and presenting network-impacting requirements to other members of the network engineering team
- Perform configuration upgrades and deployment of routers, switches, and any other misc networking equipment
- Plan and maintain the highly technical, logical network configuration of routers, switches, Cisco ASA's and Sonicwall firewalls along with access points associated with network traffic
- Lead network projects, including the installation of new network hardware or software, and network configuration and design
- Support the help desk team with troubleshooting circuit, equipment and network issues and be the senior resource to assist with resolving critical/high impact customer issues
- Present solutions and make recommendations to departmental leadership
- Document timely status updates and accurately document problem resolution
- Research and evaluate emerging technology for future applications
- Provide guidance, work direction, and information to other technical network employees
- Assist other Network Engineers and System Administrators on projects, performing various tasks as required
- Ability to effectively articulate complex ideas/networking concepts through a business lens
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco network routers, switches and firewalls for medium and large size locations and enterprises
- Experience with PCI/PII; IDS/IPS; APM
- Designing and implementing Business Continuation Plans
- Troubleshooting multi-vendor routers and switches
- Network Management tools (Tripwire, SolarWinds, Netflow Analyzer, Cisco Works) preferred
- Decision Making
- Results Orientated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
- Sedentary: Limited activity, no lifting, limited walking
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance.
- Noise levels are considered moderate.
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.