Senior Solutions Architect
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients\u0027 IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.
In order to support our continued growth, we need to add a Senior Solutions Architect to our team in Irvine, CA. As a Senior Solutions Architect and a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team, the candidate will be responsible for meeting with Presidio\u0027s Commercial, SLED, and Enterprise customers, collecting requirements for infrastructure solutions and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Senior Solutions Architect (SA) should be able to present and explain various security, network communication and infrastructure technologies to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. SAs are responsible for creating scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions. Specific tasks include the creation of bills of material for hardware/software solutions, the creation of consulting engagements, including pricing of engineering services and creation of statements of work.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and understanding of enterprise class solutions from partners such as Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Palo Alto, Juniper, VMware and other security and network infrastructure manufacturers. Candidates must have a solid understanding of network and security design principles based on industry best practices.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of design experience, be highly motivated about learning new products and technologies, able to effectively communicate with customers (both verbally and written), ensure superior customer service, and maintain a strong customer relationship. Candidates will also need to be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of business level requirements and how underlying technologies help deliver on those requirements. Implementation experience with the various products and technologies is a plus.
The essential responsibility of a Senior Solutions Architect is to work in conjunction with Presidio account managers to understand customers’/potential customers’ business needs and develop solutions to meet those needs. Senior Solutions Architects must work effectively across functions with other Presidio employees in sales, marketing, proposals, and project management areas.
- Meet with customers to understand business and technical requirements
- Develop high-level technical solutions and present to customers
- Create customer facing presentations
- Generate hardware configurations
- Write statements of work and develop professional service pricing
Candidate will be able to demonstrate technical expertise based on past/present experience in deployment, administration, configuration, or integration. Experience working as a consultant and with multiple manufacturer partners is desirable. Candidate should have a strong knowledge of secure networking technologies and products. Comfort with leading group presentations, solution demonstrations, and whiteboard sessions is required. Candidate should be a team player with demonstrated ability to work without guidance.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, equivalent experience and/or military experience is desired
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience in a combination of network implementation and pre-sales; Minimum of 3 years of experience in pre-sales required, which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in enterprise class network and security solutions
- Relevant Cisco or industry certifications
- CCNP/CCDP or equivalent experience required; CCIE desirable
- Routing/Switching – Cisco Catalyst and Nexus primarily; HP, Dell, and Juniper experience a plus
- Software Defined WAN (SDWAN) – Cisco/Viptela and VMWare/Velocloud primarily, others desirable
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) – Cisco ACI and VMWare NSX primarily, others desirable
- Security – Cisco network access control (ISE), Firepower NGFW, Umbrella endpoint security, and Palo Alto NGFW. Other security hardware/software products a plus.
- Wireless – Cisco and Meraki indoor wireless. Cisco outdoor wireless and Aruba experience desirable.
- Content Delivery – F5 load balancing and related security features. Citrix Netscaler familiarity a plus.
- Public Cloud – Connectivity/security to and within various public cloud environments, to include AWS and Azure; Google Cloud Platform and others a plus.
- Adjacent technology areas - In addition to the core networking technologies listed above, experience with data center networking and virtualization, as well as voice, video and collaboration technologies are highly desirable.
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV\u0027s not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.