Sr. Product Manager
Senior Product Manager | Acorns
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. By putting tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving nearly 5 million everyday Americans. Customers get:
- Automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts.
- Easy retirement account that allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required.
- Banking that invests with every swipe, allows you to invest from each paycheck, and helps customers get paid up to 2 days early
- Investment account for kids, multiple kids included
- Investment bonuses from brands where you shop
- Money news and education on-the-go
And so much more, all in one app! To date, customers have invested $12.5 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
Product at Acorns is responsible for leading the teams that develop new products and features that improve the lives of our customers. You’ll work with teammates in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations, finance, and research to bring ideas to life and achieve our goals.
You will work with dedicated engineers, analysts, and designers to identify top customer pain points and build solutions to address them. Our projects range from small optimization experiments to big bets at creating brand new user experiences. Your work will have a huge impact on helping everyday Americans to save and invest.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Hit the ground running. You’ll build strong, collaborative relationships across engineering, design, compliance, research, and our third-party partners and work with each group to ensure our vision, products, and progress are well understood
- Become familiar with our targets, strategy, and vision
- Start leading a cross-functional team to define new features & product specs, establish milestones, and direct the development, implementation, and evolution of new features
Within 3 months, you will:
- Define a strategy and set up key metrics for your Product Initiatives
- Develop written requirements, define success metrics, and associated use-cases for new projects; shepherd projects from ideation to release; analyze performance; and iterate until we get things right
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, recommend solutions, and solve increasingly complex business and technical problems that drive revenue and deliver results
- Drive progress against our multi-year roadmap and ensure we’re doing the right things for the long-term
- Build partnerships across Engineering, Design, Acquisition, Marketing, Business Development, Data Science, and Customer Service and foster an environment of accountability and empowerment while ensuring meaningful, quantifiable consumer outcomes
- Use data to drive product vision and definition of key success metrics, innovation and roadmap planning of new products and features to deliver against team and company goals
Within 6 months, you will:
- Set and communicate the vision and strategy for your team. You are a product evangelist and your team's biggest cheerleader.
- Set up dashboards and metrics to monitor progress, highlight insight and suggest opportunities
- Establish a deep understanding of user behaviors and competitor landscape
- Develop a systematic approach to experimenting, measuring and learning, and launching initiatives at a high velocity
- Hold your team responsible for meeting deadlines and are quick to help remove obstacles from their path.
- Take responsibility for the outcomes including influencing and making effective team changes to maximize outcomes
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 5+ years of experience in product management or equivalent experience, preferably for mobile
- A strong track record leading teams and inspiring the people who work with you to execute flawlessly against both the long-term product vision and current priorities.
- Highly analytical, good at using data to form a hypothesis and defining metrics to determine the success of product initiatives.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Highly effective judgment and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to liaise seamlessly between functional teams
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way