Sr. Product Manager
Senior Product Manager | Acorns
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. By putting tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving 4.6 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios built with help from experts. Acorns easy retirement account allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required. To help everyone spend smarter, Acorns introduced banking that invests with every swipe, and cash-forward rewards. And, everyday Americans may invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. To date, customers have invested $12.5 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
Product at Acorns is responsible for leading the teams that develop new products and features that improve the lives of our customers. You’ll work with teammates in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations, finance, and research to bring ideas to life and achieve our goals.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Hit the ground running. You’ll build strong, collaborative relationships across engineering, design, compliance, research, and our third-party partners and work with each group to ensure our vision, products, and progress are well understood
- Become familiar with our targets, strategy, and vision
- Start leading a cross-functional team to define new features & product specs, establish milestones, and direct the development, implementation, and evolution of new features w
Within 3 months, you will:
- Develop written requirements, define success metrics, and associated use-cases for new projects; shepherd projects from ideation to release; analyze performance; and iterate until we get things right
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, recommend solutions, and solve increasingly complex business and technical problems that drive revenue and deliver results
- Drive progress against our multi-year roadmap and ensure we’re doing the right things for the long-term
Within 6 months, you will:
- Establish deep understanding of user behaviors and competitor landscape
- Develop a systematic approach to experimenting, measuring and learning, with high velocity
- Hold your team responsible for meeting OKRs; help remove obstacles from their path
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- 4+ years of consumer-facing product management experience
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, strategic, and decision making abilities
- Goal-oriented. You’ll do what it takes to get the job done
- You can make the tradeoffs required to ship quickly without compromising quality
- General management / P&L ownership / experience starting or scaling a successful startup is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way