Senior Designer - Irvine, CA
MVE + Partners designs influential and award-winning projects throughout the world. Our practice is diverse with an eclectic portfolio of successful architecture, planning, and interior design assignments. Our team comprises a talented group of individuals, equally entranced by art, fashion, technology, business, education, sports, food, and above all – design.
- Oversee and perform all architectural services at the task level from initial design through completion of construction to provide design continuity.
- Coordinate with the Principal to develop, create, and implement project design concepts.
- Develop the project program and initial design concept; coordinate with other team members to further develop design concepts through the Schematic Design and Design Development project phases.
- Obtain and assemble information using computer-aided drafting Revit (CADD) software or conventional drafting methods, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, and other data, to produce designs, working drawings, schedules, details, and notes.
- Coordinate with all parties engaged in the project to integrate all information into current and future project documents.
- Assist with and/or develop project goals and plan layout; prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Work closely with project team to organize, assemble, and coordinate individual drawings into a cohesive set of construction documents as required.
- Assist in monitoring labor budgets and identify any deviations from initial project scope, additional needs for services, etc.
- Collaborate with project team to coordinate design documents and applications for submission to owners, contractors, vendors, and Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) for plan review as necessary.
- Research, observe, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources to stay informed regarding economic or legal issues involved in zoning codes, building codes, and/or environmental regulations.
- Assist with other duties as necessary (i.e. site visits, as-builts, code research, etc.).
- Maintain MVE & Partners standards of performance and policies at all times.
- Managing teams and people, mentor and train junior staff including utilizing project management software (DelTek) to monitor project time and budget.
- Advance big picture design ideas and provide insight on new industry trends.
You - Requirements:
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience in a professional office setting including broad experience in various project types and phases preferred
- Architectural License preferred
- Advanced skills in operating Revit, CADD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Excel
- Promote new and innovative methods of using software (all the above software)
- Strong listening, oral/verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills required
- Strong skills in reading comprehension to understand the content in work-related documents
- Skills in applying industry standards and graphic conventions data to the organization and arrangement of information (i.e. plans, elevations, sections, etc.) to formulate a unified presentation
- Expert design skills and the ability in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to brainstorm and formulate alternatives
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a given action to evaluate potential outcomes and implement solutions
- Skill in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Rich benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, and FSA
- 401(k) and financial planning
- Professional Development including Architectural Licensure Support and Reimbursement
- Continuing Education opportunities, including regular Lunch & Learns
- Internal Career Pathing and Mentoring Support
- 9 paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time
Equal Opportunity Employer
MVE + Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. MVE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
In accordance with local “Fair Chance” Ordinance(s), qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, will be considered for employment.
We participate in E-Verify.
To Be Considered for This Position:
Use the link to apply - a cover letter, resume and portfolio are required. Can be attached separately. No portfolio links are accepted.
Please note: Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to those candidates whom most closely match our requirements.
For additional career opportunities, please visit our Careers page at the following link: https://www.mve-architects.com/careers/#featured-articles