Scientist II – Gene Therapy
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
We are hiring a Scientist II – Gene Therapy. The Scientist II – Gene Therapy will conduct research under the direction of the supervisor leading the development of new or improved products.
- Perform cell culture experiments for development of cell biology research, product development, technical product support, and/or process improvements.
- Experience with media preparation, flow cytometry, antibody quantitation, and ELISA is preferred
- Handling of various primary cells and cell lines in both adherent and suspension cultures
- Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Exercises judgment within general defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Perform various chemical/biological assays such as cell counting, staining, and imaging
- Perform data analysis and experimental design.
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices
- B.S in a Biological/Chemical Science or equivalent. M.S preferred
- B.S with 5 years or M.S with 2 years of relevant experience with emphasis in cell culture
- General lab safety
- Bioprocess engineering (handling spinner flask bioreactors up to 3 L)
- Some level of expertise with perfusion systems
- Experience with Media preparation, quantitative PCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, and data analysis preferred
- Experience with AAV and/or lentivirus vectors production is a BIG plus
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture Media, Biochemistry, and Cell Biology, including experience with mammalian and virus cells
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent though
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures.
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software.
- General knowledge of project management.
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures.
- Ability to speak, write and read English fluently
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.