Project Lead - Irvine, CA
MVE + Partners designs influential and award-winning projects throughout the world. Our practice is diverse with an eclectic portfolio of successful architecture, planning, and interior design assignments. Our team comprises a talented group of individuals, equally entranced by art, fashion, technology, business, education, sports, food, and above all – design.
- Lead, direct, and coordinate team members and consultants for the entire project or phases of the project
- May manage project teams or team members, including junior staff; mentors staff, and making authoritative decisions and recommendations of significant impact related to project
- Establish, facilitate, and/or participate in both client and internal meetings; Interface with clients throughout each project and manage relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct design development and contract document work sessions in conjunction with other disciplines
- Coordinate workload through design development and construction document phases to complete documents on schedule
- Review architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
- Write/edit architectural specifications and work directly with owner and owners’ legal staff to establish and document the legal parameters of the construction contract
- Prepare and review all construction documents for accuracy; coordinate documents with internal team members and external consultants
- Lead field survey teams as needed for development and documentation of as-built conditions
- Demonstrate and utilize working knowledge of lighting, HVAC, structural, plumbing, fire protection, and electrical design as well as of relevant codes including IBC, ADA, CBC Title 24, and BOMA calculation concepts
- Coordinate the submission of documents to the building department and manage construction administration (RFIs, Change Orders, shop drawings, submittals, etc.)
- Coordinate and assist affected disciplines with any addendum, RFIs, and change orders; incorporate agreed upon changes into project documents
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of project schedules, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc. while adhering to pricing strategy agreed upon by client and contractors
- Participate in generating Proposals, RFPs, Charrettes, Design Competitions and other Business Development activities
You - Requirements:
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in a professional office setting, including broad experience in various project types and phases preferred including Airports, Commercial, and High-rise residential
- Advanced proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office (a pre-employment Revit test will be given)
- Strong listening, oral/verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills required
- Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to brainstorm and formulate alternatives
- Candidates with existing US Work Authorization only
- Licensed architect preferred
- Rich benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, and FSA
- 401(k) and financial planning
- Professional Development support and networking committee
- Continuing Education opportunities, including regular Lunch & Learns
- Internal Career Pathing and Mentoring Support
- 9 paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time
Equal Opportunity Employer
MVE + Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. MVE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
In accordance with local “Fair Chance” Ordinance(s), qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, will be considered for employment.
We participate in E-Verify.
To Be Considered for This Position:
Use the link to apply - a cover letter, resume and portfolio are required. Can be attached separately. No portfolio links are accepted.
Please note: Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to those candidates whom most closely match our requirements.
For additional career opportunities, please visit our Careers page at the following link: https://www.mve-architects.com/careers/#featured-articles