Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Information Technology Services.
We have an immediate need for an Oracle Functional Analyst within Stantec. This position will require multiple responsibilities, including working closely with end-users and technical analysts to resolve Tier 1 and 2 incidents/problems. This role will also perform regular and on-demand service delivery activities, and monitor/resolve processing exceptions by using knowledge of the front-end system procedures and data dependencies. This role will also provide functional expertise in assigned project roles on implementing Oracle solutions.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Monitor and respond in a timely manner to incidents and service interruptions logged by the IT Service Center in the service management system.
- Provide functional expertise for assigned project role on implementing Oracle HCM and other HR implementations.
- Contribute to the solution design, configuration, integration, testing, training, knowledge-transfer activities, and post-production support requirements.
- Guide the team with best business practices of the functionalities of Oracle HCM solutions.
- Perform service delivery activities following pre-defined processes/procedures including period/quarter/year-end processing, table updates, etc.
- Execute a variety of tasks in support of acquisition migrations.
- Collaborate with and/or escalate incidents to functional developers/technical analysts when resolution through front-end does not appear evident.
- Identify opportunities to reduce or prevent incidents occurring such as educating/training end-users, or functional/technical changes.
- Log service requests with vendors and coordinate diagnostics, requested actions, and perform testing.
- Plan, prepare and execute functional and system testing, assist in issue resolution; and develop test cases as required.
- Consult business and system analysts on end-user system practices.
- Adhere to Stantec's Solution Delivery Framework, Incident Management, and Change Management procedures.
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Experience with any of the multiple functional areas in Oracle HCM space (HRMS, Payroll, Talent, Performance, Compensation, Learning Management)
- Oracle HRMS, Payroll, Timecards full-cycle implementation experience is an asset
- Good understanding of HR and Payroll principles, concepts and processes.
- Understanding of Oracle HRMS Fast Formulas
- Understanding of the functional configuration and system flows that underpin an application to deliver functionality.
- Customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor.
- Strong problem solving, trouble shooting, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of end-user system practices and processes for a particular business domain.
- Understanding of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) practices.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Sharepoint and PowerPoint
- Understanding internal system flows for a particular application domain
- Experience with QA testing tools such as HP Quality Center
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, IT, Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Application and Systems Administration
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations: United States-California-Irvine, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, United States-California-Sacramento, United States-Washington-Bellevue, United States-California-San Bernardino, United States-Washington-Lynnwood, United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-Washington-Spokane
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002UX