Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 850 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Operation Specialist will report directly to the Director, Service Operation and will execute and deliver on a range of responsibilities to comply with Finance requirements, support Project Managers with their project financial administration to promote a successful client experience. This role will also be responsible for the internal end to end administration of professional service engagements including client billing functions, metric analysis, vendor purchase order and bill processing related to professional service engagements.
What You’ll Do:
Engagement / Project Administration:
- Complete project set-up & validation within the Professional Services Automation (PSA) and Finance & Operations systems and ensure the project financials are accurate based on the Statement of Work (SOW), Level of Effort (LOE), and/or Purchase Order (PO).
- Manage specific project portfolios and determine appropriate billing opportunities based on status of projects and client contractual obligations.
- Generate vendor POs and process incoming vendor bills associated to professional services engagements.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager(s) and account teams to initiate and generate client invoices.
- Perform ongoing revenue recognition as delivery is performed.
- Complete any financial adjustments/corrections as needed.
- Complete project closure procedures including reconciliation of financials.
- Provide proper handoff to the Client Service Center for project resource assignment.
- Provide governance and ensure all relevant documentations are represented.
- Capture project related data in efforts to manage & improve processes as well as report. and analyze metrics and trends around resource utilization, contingent staff (OEM, Staff Aug), placeholder hours etc. Provide recommendations to management.
- Capture reporting requirements and work with internal teams to procure reports for internal teams
- Perform as needed project administrative duties to facilitate the booking and billing related functions.
- Perform data clean-up and ongoing maintenance efforts focused around project data integrity and recouping of unrecognized revenue.
- Provide support & guidance on backend/ operational, and administrative functions performed by those in the Project Manager role.
- A liaison to finance and Client Service Center
- Continually implement continuous improvement
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications & Interests:
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience in operations, project management, and/or finance.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and operate in a fast paste environment with high volume of requests.
- Highly analytical and have strong ability to analyze systems and data.
- Ability to interpret data that is being presented and understand how and where that data is being produced.
- Superior coordination and operations logistics abilities
- Must have strong level of attention to detail to process and highly organized.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of audiences in a diverse community.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with Professional Services Automation (PSA) tool & Financial Systems: Kimble & Dynamic 365 a plus.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.