Manufacturing Engineer I
Careers that Change Lives
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
We are a rapidly growing, global medical device manufacturer that is committed to developing innovative endovascular technologies for neurological applications. Creative, competent people with a passion for enhancing healthcare around the globe have driven our success. Here's where you come in!
We are seeking a hands-on Manufacturing Engineer to work closely with R&D, Operations and Quality in the development of new processes necessary to produce Catheters/Delivery Systems/Stents for a lean manufacturing environment. Manage development builds, develop new manufacturing processes, implement and qualify production equipment and methods, generate testing protocols and reports, and work with minimal direction for NPI.
Day in the life:
- Manage required builds for new product development in a pilot or production setting, including training of operators, coordination with production planning, preparing manufacturing procedures and work orders, ordering materials, installing fixtures and equipment, supervising builds, and troubleshooting assembly issues.
- Assist in the design of manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling for New Product Introductions.
- Assist in the design of sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Assist in the development of highly capable manufacturing processes for new products through frequent interaction with R&D, Quality Engineering, and Operations.
- Assist in the execution of Process Characterization(s) and Validation(s).
- Comply with applicable FDA and international regulatory laws/standards
- Other duties as assigned or required
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering discipline or related technical field
Nice to Have
- Work with outside OEM Suppliers, internal/external machine shops and or other departments/groups
- Application of statistical and analytical methods such as SPC, SQC, and DOE.
- Application of Lean Methodologies
- Development of manufacturing documentation (MP, IP, BOM)
- Development and qualification of tooling/equipment (IQ/OQ/PQ, support, design)
- Participation on project teams tasked with new product development and the successful transfer into manufacturing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate; word processing, spreadsheets,
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.