Inventory Control Specialist
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for an Inventory Control Specialist. This position is located in Irvine, CA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research warehouse outs and all slot audits labels daily and take necessary corrective action.
- Review and coordinate daily perpetual inventory adjustments with Inventory Control Coordinator. Perform daily and weekly inventory counts. Assist Accounting Department with billing errors caused by inventory variances.
- Reconcile store returns and make necessary adjustments. Prepare returns for pickup, verifying items and case counts.
- Responsible for proper handling of damaged and/or spoiled merchandise daily. Physically relocate merchandise as necessary to correct inventory problems.
- Work with buying and warehouse personnel on short-coded product, shipped memos, etc. on a daily basis to ensure correct shipping, billing, etc. Prepare distress reports in a timely manner and route to appropriate management associates for follow-up action.
- In some Centers, may be responsible for outside storage inventories. Coordinate with the receiving office on direct shipment of product to outside storage. Verify invoices for payment.
- Working knowledge and experience, preferably in both mechanized and conventional warehousing, in picking and storage operations in dry grocery and perishable areas. Experience in operating all types of warehouse material handling equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of warehouse slotting system is required.
- Possess ability to understand and interpret computer reports. General knowledge of EDP applications and computer capabilities helpful. Prior experience with personal computer applications preferred.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, both with co-workers and over the telephone with outside and Company personnel.
- Possess good math skills and figure aptitude. Position requires use of calculators, personal computers, and other office equipment.
- Some work is performed under general office conditions in a temperature-controlled environment. Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal. During part of the workday the incumbent will be moving about the Distribution Center warehouse floor, breaking down loads and lifting between 40-60 lbs. on a daily basis. Potential hazards exist in regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment.
- Must be available to work flexible or unusual hours as needed, including weekends.
Closing Date: 04/19/2019
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.Albertsons.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER