Providence St. Joseph Health is hiring RN Fellows (RN's with acute care experience) to our Southern California Clinical Academy-Fellowship program at three of our Southern California hospitals including: St. Joseph of Orange, St. Jude located in Fullerton and Mission Hospital located in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA.
We are seeking Registered Nurses who are:
- Experienced RNs (with at least a year of acute care nursing experience) interested in a Fellowship Program that offers hands-on training needed to work in a new specialty
The Clinical Academy-Fellowship program is committed to further developing experienced RN's as a part of our strategic priority to ensure we provide the highest quality care to those we serve.
Once selected, participants receive orientation and training in the new area with the support and input from Clinical Educators, Clinical Coordinators, Preceptors and Nursing Managers. Typically, Fellowship participants progress quickly into their new roles with a few weeks/months.
Availability Varies: Availability of clinical areas varies at each hospital and can be discussed in more detail in the recruiting process
Specialties MAY Include:
Labor & Delivery
Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Recovery Room)
Progressive Care (Step-down)
Transitional Care Unit
Shift Options: Day and Night shifts may be available
In this position you will:
- Work with a preceptor and assume increasing responsibility during the program
- Demonstrate competencies in populations served at completion of program
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students
- Align practice with safety and quality, be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence-based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the interprofessional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire (ASN or higher)
- Active California state RN license
- At least 12 months of previous RN experience working in the acute care setting
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Other certifications specific to area of specialization, as required
- If an internal candidate, eligibility to post/request transfer
- If an internal candidate, must apply to the ministry currently employed as a caregiver
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) or master's degree in Nursing (MSN)
To be considered for the program, please complete the application, and attach a current resume
Interviews will be scheduled for mid-October and November.
Hires made into the program will begin in January 18, 2021.
About Providence St. Joseph Health, Southern California:
In the last few years, Providence Health & Services and St. Joseph Health have become Providence St. Joseph Health, the 3rd largest not for profit health system in the US, with a total of 50 hospitals and 829 clinics.
Providence St. Joseph Health in California provides a full spectrum of care. These services include not only leading-edge diagnostics and treatment, but also outpatient health centers, numerous outreach programs and clinics serving those in need, and hospice and home care.
Our Orange County ministries include:
- St. Joseph of Orange – Orange, CA
- St. Jude – Fullerton, CA
- Mission Hospital – Mission Viejo & Laguna Beach, CA
WHY CHOOSE US?
Health: Medical – Blue Shield HMO and HRA/HSA plans, Dental - Delta Care DHMO and Delta Dental PPO plans, and Employee Assistance Program.
Wellness: Retirement –401(K), Paid-Time Off -Based on employment status of FT, PT, PD and years of service, Employee Life insurance with optional family coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, and optional Pre-Paid Legal Plan.
Professional Advancement: Individual career development plans, ongoing education, tuition reimbursement, and motivating managers.
Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PSJH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training