Glidewell Dental is an industry-leading provider of dental technology products and services to dental professionals worldwide. Headquartered in Newport Beach/Irvine, CA, the Glidewell campus is home to 3,300 employees and complete with an employee gym, cafeteria, massage therapist, acupuncturist, and of course, a dentist. Glidewell Dental employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and is privately owned.
So what is a dental company doing with technology?
Glidewell is dedicated to building the future of dental through additive manufacturing, data science, and even machine learning. We research and develop new innovative products and services for the dental industry at affordable costs. Just ask your dentist!
- Creates anddebugs ETL/ELT packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Pentaho, or other open-source programs
- Creates, debugs, and optimizes stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Collaborates with Data Architect and other stakeholders to understand requirements, relation between various data sets, and frequency of updates.
- Defines metrics and calculations along with the corresponding updates to the semantic layer
- Collaborates with the business community to identify, analyze and document data engineer’s needs.
- Collaborates with team in the design and development of reports and dashboards for various business units.
- Collaborates with and provides recommendations to senior team members regardingbusiness intelligence (BI) strategy within the IT Department.
- Maintains and updates documentation for data engineer processes and procedures.
- Creates proof of concept (POC) using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Identifies and implements transformation and/or conversions necessary to provide consistent and usable data.
- Implements AWS services to improve ETL/ELT efficiency and/or real time reporting.
- Provides support and training to internal team members.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Technology is required
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work experience in the areas below, or any equivalent education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been demonstrated/achieved:
- Experience in TSQL.
- Experience in using reporting tools such as Crystal, Tableau, Power BI,or SSRS.
- Experience in Business Objectives, Data Transformation Services (DTS) /SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),and 3rd party ETL/ELT tools.
- Experience in an open source language such as Python, Java, PHP, or Ruby.
- Experience using cloud based technologies (ex:AWS).