About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Ensure all equipment in the Critical Systems is operated and maintained within safe operating and correct GMP parameters. This includes, but is not limited to, Steam, Electric and WFI generation.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Repairs and maintains an organization's facilities, systems or equipment.
- Receives work order requests for facilities maintenance from employees, tenants, customers or other visitors.
- Ensures work is performed in a timely manner and triages requests to prioritize the most critical repairs.
- Inspects and performs preventative maintenance or as-needed repairs on facilities or systems, which may include mechanical or electrical systems, HVAC or other environmental management systems, generators or power management systems or fire or safety systems.
- Makes basic repairs and coordinates the work of specialists when more complex repairs are needed.
- Schedules maintenance or repairs to minimize disruptions to organizational operations wherever possible.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply comprehensive working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action. Performs comprehensive shop floor competencies.
- Works under general supervision. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other peers.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
- High school diploma/G.E.D required
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Ability to work non-stand schedule as needed
- Associate's or technical degree preferred
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®“ initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Moderate work – Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to20 lbs of force frequently, and/or 10 lbs force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally: Sit, N/A
- Frequently: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: Kneeling/Crawling, Sitting, Stooping/squatting
- Frequently: Climbing stairs/ladders, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals (in most areas)
- Frequently: Proximity to moving parts, Other
- Constantly: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: Other
- Constantly: Production/manufacturing environment