AI Development Manager, New World
At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World. New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. Success in New World ultimately depends on a player’s ability to conquer not only rival players, but Aeternum itself, as it unleashes undead legions, hell-bent on purging them from its shores. New World stands apart from other games in the genre by offering massive siege battles, thrilling supernatural invasions and a stunning and diverse natural setting
As a leader on our New World team, you will dive deep to create new experiences and opportunities for connection at massive scale. As AI Development Manager, you will manage a team of software engineers focused on AI, Animation, and non-player character systems. You and your team will collaborate with engineers, designers, and animators to create clear, compelling content that contributes directly to the core of New World. You will be responsible for delivering game systems and workflows, achieving MMO performance and scale goals, and facilitating the testing required to deliver a high quality result.
· Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining advanced online multiplayer related gaming technology with a focus on AI systems.
· Enable a team of developers to build great gameplay on a massive scale.
· Manage a team of engineers helping them grow their skills and advance their careers.
· Solve novel, ambiguously defined, difficult problems.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and create functional and well-designed technology that delights our players.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
· 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
· 8+ years of Game industry experience.
· Experience with network performance profiling and optimization.
· Deep knowledge of asset pipeline and runtime representation.
· AI, Animation and Combat system development experience.
· Comprehensive video game engineering skills including spatial reasoning, networking and pragmatic optimization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.