Functional Title: Intern
Department: Operations and more
Davidson Kempner is looking to hire a 2021 undergraduate studying any subject to participate in our summer internship program. The internship will commence July 06 on a full-time basis for 8 weeks.
Davidson Kempner is a premier and well established investment management firm, founded in 1983. With approximately $33 billion in assets under management, we manage private investment funds employing various investment strategies, including distressed investments, merger arbitrage, long/short equities, and convertible arbitrage. Davidson Kempner has approximately 390 employees across its affiliated offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin and Philadelphia. Davidson Kempner Ireland DAC is our affiliated office in Dublin.
The Intern will be responsible for a variety of support functions including, but not limited to:
- Support various post-trade Operations teams while gaining exposure to a diverse portfolio of investments
- Assist Operations Team with Project testing
- Support reconciliation team with transactions between firm and key service providers
- Assist with preparation and updating of reporting and tracking projects
- Work within a group and handle various time sensitive tasks
- Opportunity to work on ad hoc projects with a variety of other teams in the Dublin office, including Legal and Tax.
- Candidate for 2021 undergraduate degree, studying in any field
- Achieved 2:1 or 1st in First Year of study
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Responsible and reliable
- Analytical, able to grasp data relationships and information logic
- Organized and able to handle multiple priorities
- Collaborative; team player
- Attention to details and to customer/client needs