Functional Title: Fund Accounting Intern
Location: Dublin 2
Davidson Kempner is a premier and well established investment management firm, founded in 1983. With approximately $33 billion in assets under management, we manage private investment funds employing various investment strategies, including distressed investments, merger arbitrage, long/short equities, and convertible arbitrage. Davidson Kempner has approximately 375 employees across its affiliated offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin and Philadelphia. Davidson Kempner Ireland DAC is our affiliated office in Dublin.
We are seeking to hire an intern as part of our Summer Internship Programme, who will support the Accounting Department in our busy Dublin office. We will consider applications from undergraduates from the following areas of study; Accountancy, Finance or Business Studies.
The Davidson Kempner Internship Programme is an excellent opportunity to gain unique insights into life in a dynamic global investment management firm. This is a paid 8 week internship programme commencing on Monday, 06 July 2020. Davidson Kempner Ireland DAC is an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate will be involved in the day to day operations of the Accounting Department. Key activities will vary but may include assisting the team with:
- Assist with prepare and review month-end and reporting period internal fund accounting analyses and calculations to support the NAV close process
- Review cash and position reconciliations
- Identify exceptions and issues affecting accounting records and drive resolution through timely communication and correction
- The review and reconciliation of internal records to our Fund Administrator
- The review of monthly management accounts prepared by our service providers
- Answering routine queries
- Ad hoc projects and assignments as required
- Self-motivated undergraduate (ideally graduating in 2021) who has achieved a 2:1 or higher in first year examinations. Strong communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise activities
- Collaborative team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel