If you are looking for a company who is committed to building a relationship with you, who encourages having fun at work, who is powered by difference, and who is passionate about your future, it’s time to apply at Crawford Electric Supply. Known in the electrical distribution industry for being a great place to work and build a career, Crawford prides itself on being a business partner rather than just an electrical supplier to its customers. Everyday Crawford associates provide the best customer experience while at the same time offering the widest variety of electrical products on the market. For the past 30 years, Crawford has built a culture of growth, opportunity, innovative thinking, and stability for its employees by truly living up to the company motto of, “Whatever it Takes!” through our mindset competencies below:
Adapt: Effectively embrace new situation and people
Dare: Appropriately challenge the status quo
Learn: Learn from others, from mistakes, and self-improve
Sales & Customer Service
- Directs the sales activities of the branch and sales team
- Develops and maintains customer relations with “whatever it takes” service
- Oversees decision making and resolution of customer complaints ensuring proper handling, timely solution and positive customer experience
- Follows company credit and return policies
Marketing & Vendor Relations
- Promotes and supports company-wide product promotions by displaying or demonstrating products, promoting uses and saleable features to customers
- Cooperates with vendors, manufacturers and co-workers to build a team approach and to promote a positive work environment
- Develops and maintains professional relationship with vendors and other business partners
Resources & Employee Relations
- Interviews and hires to fill open or new positions, following company policies and procedures and complying with legal requirements
- Evaluates employee performance and compensation following company procedures
- Enforces company policies, recognizes personnel problems and takes corrective action, applies appropriate employee counseling and discipline, including termination when necessary
Management & Leadership
- Represents the company’s business interests at all times, in a positive and professional manner, by conducting business transactions and communications in a fair and ethical manner
- Complies with all company policies, and supports corporate department procedures, such as Credit, Pricing, Accounting, Operations and HR
- Assigns or delegates job duties necessary to run a smooth and efficient branch operation and facility, with minimal use of overtime
- Responsible for the productivity, quality of work and morale of staff
- Requires daily use of internal email and other communication systems to keep current in job knowledge, changes in company policies or practices, and to ensure timely delivery of necessary company communications
- Sets the example of a positive attitude with employees and peers
Operations & Budgeting
- Maintains building interior/exterior, vehicles and equipment, with a clean and neat appearance and in proper working condition
- Creates and maintains a safe working environment for employees and complies with company and legal safety rules and regulations
- Responsible for safeguarding assets of the branch including inventory, fixed assets, equipment & cash
- Creates annual branch budget, including sales, GP, inventory and overhead goals
- Successfully operates branch within budget forecast, meeting or exceeding profitability goals, reaching inventory turns and controlling overhead expenses
- Develops and executes a sales plan to increase market share, grow sales and increase gross margins
- Four-year college degree preferred with a minimum of 2-year associates degree or equivalent from a college or technical school.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry related experience, such as product, sales, purchasing, project or operations. Previous management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and maintain acceptable driver history and insurance coverage.
- Knowledge of electrical products and applications.
- Skilled in selling products & services, negotiating sales, pricing and terms.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and present ideas and solutions to customer.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals as well as calculate figures, such as discounts, percentages, and commissions.
- Possess strong customer service and communication skills.
- Have a strong work ethic including organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive business information in an honest and ethical manner.
- Attitude and knowledge of safety in working environment.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Crawford is an equal opportunity employer
Crawford is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA.