The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is seeking a 100% Staff Nurse to work at the University of Iowa Community Clinics at the UICC Scott Boulvard Family Clinic.
Duties to include:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response.
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan.
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care.
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 10 hour shifts 0730-1800. No weekends or holidays.
Location: Scott Boulevard Clinic (Free onsite employee parking)
- An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Current license to practice in the state of Iowa by the time of hire
- Driver's License and ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions.
- General computer skills are required.
- Current course completion card in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider by the American Heart Association
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired.
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable.
- 1-3 years of general nursing experience.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact NursingHR@uiowa.edu.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 52
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Nursing HR
- Contact Email: email@example.com