The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics is seeking a full-time (100%) Physician Assistant to perform direct patient care including: diagnostic and therapeutic services with physician supervision. Within the Physician Assistant (PA)/Physician relationship, the PA will exercise autonomy in medical decision making and services provided. The PA will also assist in educating healthcare students, residents and fellows as they rotate through the respective departments and divisions and will assist in research endeavors as appropriate.
- Minimum of one year experience in an Emergency Department/Trauma Center or ICU or successful completion of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Residency Program.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage critically ill patient population (of all ages) within a highly functioning unit/department.
- Proven capacity to function with a high degree of autonomy while actively collaborating within a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must comply with registration and licensure requirements as specified by the Iowa Board of Physician Assistant Examiners which include graduation from an accredited PA educational program and/or certification by the NCCPA.
- Current Iowa license to practice as a Physician Assistant by the State of Iowa.