The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Nursing Assistant to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of Registered Nurses.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform patient personal hygiene such as bathing, toileting, feeding, dressing, grooming and oral care for patients.
- Turn, position and ambulate patients.
- Assist patients with bedpans, urinals and perineal cleansing.
- Take temperature, pulse and blood pressure.
- Enter daily patient record charting in computer.
- Perform simple diagnostic/therapeutic procedures (i.e., dressing changes).
- Clean equipment, patient bedside area and nursing unit.
- Set up rooms for patient admission.
- Transport patients by bed, cart or wheelchair.
- Transport equipment, specimens and supplies.
- Stock and supply patient rooms and Nursing unit.
- Perform basic CPR as required.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.
Percent of Time: 90%
Schedule: 36 hours per week will be accomplished between the hours of 0700 - 2300, Day/Night Shifts
Location: John Colloton Pavilion
Rotations: Rotating Days off, every other weekend, rotating holidays
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact the Nursing Recruitment office at 319-356-2285.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Nursing Assistant
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Part-time
- Pay Level: 4
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Tiffany Perkins
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org