As a Medical Social Worker at ChildServe in Iowa City, you will provide social services to children, young adults and their families in our outpatient therapy clinic. You will support social service needs within the organization and work as a member of the multidisciplinary team to meet the psychosocial needs of the child and family.
What You'll Do
- Advocates for children and family in accessing needed benefits and services
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to develop the treatment plan and ensure the needs of the child and family are met
- Assess strengths and emotional needs of families and children with special health care needs
- Identifies barriers for child and family in participation in treatment or achievement of treatment goals
- Serves as the primary liaison for Department of Human Services.
- Maintains current knowledge of community and ChildServe resources
- Educates and informs children and families regarding child/family rights and consent for services
What You'll Need
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work
- Licensed to practice social work in Iowa. License active without disciplinary action
- One year of social work practice in a medical setting
- Preferred: Experience practicing as a Medical Social Worker in a pediatric setting
- Preferred: Experience working in a multidisciplinary health care setting
- Ability to communicate in English effectively for understanding, in writing and verbally.
When You'll Work
- Typical business hours
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here’s why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great
- We’re not your average non-profit. We serve 4,600 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we’re proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We’re moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you’ve made a difference for kids and families? Let’s move Forward Together - apply today!