The University of Iowa Department of Athletics invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant for Student-Athlete Academic Services. This is a 60%-time position with full University of Iowa benefits. Salary range is $21,802 (FTE $36,336) to commensurate.
The Administrative Assistant for Student-Athlete Academic Services (SAAS) will assist the director and staff of the Gerdin Athletic Learning Center with the management of the daily operational needs of the unit. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, preparing, reconciling and distributing daily tutor logs; processing payroll for tutors and learning assistants; manage tutoring email account; initiate correspondence to faculty and prepare travel letters and instructor progress reports for student-athletes; and providing support on major projects.
The University of Iowa is a NCAA Division I Power Five institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The Department of Athletics manages 24 varsity sports programs and related events with a workforce of approximately 225 regular employees and 450 temporary employees. Athletics is a people-centric organization that operates under a “Win. Graduate. Do It Right.“ philosophy. For more information regarding Athletics, please click here.
Benefits Highlights: Excellent fringe benefit package including paid vacation and sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. The University of Iowa is a Big Ten, nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings. Go to “Working at Iowa“ to learn more.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience (typically 6 months to 1 year) providing office management and basic administrative support to professional staff, including reviewing calendars and preparing correspondence while independently prioritizing and managing other processes and functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of and ability to:
- Provide excellent frontline customer service
- Effectively use office support software, (such as Microsoft Office, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, etc.) to generate reports, merge information with correspondence, design publications and update websites (please specify software used)
- Work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships.
- Work effectively in a highly regulated team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a collegiate educational services unit that provides programs and services to students is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to:
- Manage sensitive data and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Utilize student management database systems such as ACS/Front Rush, MAUI, Team Works and Grades First (specify systems used)
- Experience evaluating Individualized Educational Plans, 504 plans, Learning Inventories or other academic assessments.
- Experience recruiting part-time employees.
- In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a “Relevant File“ to the submission.
edu and search for keywords “Administrative Assistant“. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Five professional references will be required at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Classification Title: Admin Services Coordinator
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Part-time
- Pay Level: 2B
- Organization: Athletics
- Contact Name: Lori Neu
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org