Requisition Number: BUSIN01477
Banner Engineering is a world-leading manufacturer of photoelectric, ultrasonic, and vision sensors, LED lights and indicators, connectivity and monitoring solutions, and safety products. Our industrial automation technologies are fueling some of the biggest trends in the industry, including the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). We’re a global company whose products are used by industry leaders on the Fortune 500 list. Our customers have honored us with their business and rely on us to help solve their challenging automation problems, including reducing costs, increasing efficiency, ensuring quality, monitoring and controlling processes and safeguarding employees. We are committed to developing new and innovative solutions, delivering products of the highest quality, fulfilling the needs of each of our customers and operating with honesty and integrity.
Banner is proud to be recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for 2018 and 2019!
To coordinate new sales opportunities with new and existing customers to increase overall sales and market share within the Material Handling and Logistics segment through communication and networking with ASMs, distributors, and customers, which includes End Users, Integrators, Specialty Machine Builders, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages key and target accounts within the Material Handling and Logistics market segment that will provide long term growth and deeper Banner product segment penetration
- Evaluates and identifies key account opportunities from existing customers that can foster additional growth opportunities based on Banner new products or newly developed solutions in coordination with Regional Sales Teams
- Identifies target accounts and creates tactical/strategic relationships through aggressive communication activities, a sound understanding of the target account products and solutions, the identification of possible/known opportunities, and a careful analysis of the market and the potential needs of the account based on industry trends
- Develops, documents, and clearly defines business opportunities, creates and executes sales and marketing strategies, and solicits request for proposals (RFPs)
- Negotiates contracts, proposals, and quotes in concert with respective Product Managers; secures contracts with new customers and closes business deals
- Provides consultations and business expertise to target and key accounts to create innovative solutions
- Coordinates with respective product segment manager to define and develop customer specific solutions
- Ability to plan and execute extensive travel to target/key accounts in order to evaluate needs or to professionally present or promote Banner solutions
- Tracks and analyzes the sales effectiveness and return on investment (ROI) of the partnerships within the specified vertical/industry
- Assists in the development of product definitions for industry-specific technology requirements and identifies gaps within existing segment products or possible new products/requirements for the segment product portfolio
- Represents Banner at organizations, trade shows, and/or conferences to remain current in the industry, provide technical expertise, and increase brand awareness
- Establishes and maintains contacts with industry-specific trade organizations to develop and maintain knowledge on market trends
- Enters customer information accurately and timely into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and other systems as required
- Offers technical expertise and market trends to Banner’s sales channels globally
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Associate’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field AND 6 years of direct field sales experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of direct field sales experience within market segment
- Management-level selling experience including managing sales metrics, reporting and forecasting preferred
- Experience selling sensors, vision, barcode readers, electronic components, etc. to a technical audience
- Experience selling in the Material Handling industry
- Technical selling experience in industrial automation preferred
- Experience prospecting for new business while nurturing existing business relationships
- Proven ability to increase sales through the entire sales cycle
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
- Ability to travel up to 35% both domestically and internationally
- Highly motivated with an overarching desire to win