Senior Java Developer
Position Type: Full-time | W-2
Location: Indianapolis, IN or Remote-US
Employees work from home, E-g’s office in Indianapolis, or the client’s office depending on client engagement requirements.
We currently cannot sponsor or transfer visas.
E-gineering seeks Senior Developers with a focus on the Java/JVM ecosystem. Here are some examples of the kinds of things we do:
- Work on collaborative, blended development teams rapidly delivering software using agile principles
- Assist clients with the development of good CI/CD practices and DevOps culture
- Assist in decision-making around and implementation of distributed systems for large enterprises
- Architect solutions that deliver business value for clients
- Cloud deployment and migration
Who you are:
- Continually improving and honing your skills to meet the needs of our customers
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and being an active participant in helping your teammates grow and become the best they can be
- Humble — you focus on doing what is best for customers and the team vs. being “right.“
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
What you like:
- Enjoy working hard with a collaborative team, initiating and listening as appropriate
- Driven to serve clients well
- Taking on initiatives to solve problems, learn new technologies and skill sets
- Helping teammates work through challenges
What you'll do:
- Deliver solutions written in Java, Kotlin, or other JVM languages.
- Deliver good API design in collaboration with front-end developers and other integrators
- Communicate with business stakeholders and decision-makers about development activities and solutions
- Advise clients on technology decisions
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you bring:
- 4+ years of development in JVM languages
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with unit and integration testing and designing test systems
- Understanding of architectural trade-offs when designing software systems
- Comfort level working with others on a development team, which includes respect for other team members. We believe the best software teams can write quality software without toxicity. Candidates should have a willingness to help other developers and the humility to seek help when needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Great to have:
- Experience with Agile philosophies and methodologies
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior developers
- Experience with distributed system technologies such as Kubernetes
- Experience with messaging and event-oriented technologies such as Kafka
- Experience and passion for DevOps tools, technologies, and culture
- Experience with other development platforms/languages
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
E-gineering (EG) is an employee-owned software consulting company established in Indianapolis, Indiana (2000). We believe true consulting is a heart for serving people, hands working with excellence, and minds fixed on integrity.
We stand behind our work and always do what is right and risk the consequences.
Why Join Us?
Work / Life Balance: We will ALWAYS protect a 40-hour work week. We don't know the climate out in the rest of the world, but we wouldn't assume that other companies won't prioritize productivity and total work over your personal life.
Best Place to Work: We haven't been around forever, but we have a 20+ year history of acting the same way and prioritizing employee satisfaction over anything else. For over 12 years we have been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Indiana and consistently rank in the top 3.
Grace: It's not a question of IF tough times are coming to each of us personally, but WHEN. We get it. When life turns hard, work is at best a blur and at worst a crippling, stressful distraction from what's important. We try to give as much grace in these situations as is possible, and then some. If you haven't been in these situations before, bless you, but if you have, you know how important it is to have the freedom to take care of your family and yourself without worrying about how you will get your work done. We always try to keep that in focus.
Here are some of our key benefits:
- Full Medical: EG Pays 100% of the premium for employees AND additional family members
- 401k: Up to a 5% match with immediate vesting
- Employee Owned: EG is a 100% employee-owned company. We allocate shares of the company each year to employees. As the company increases in value, so do your shares.
- Generous paid time off
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Home office allowance: EG will give you a stipend to set up your office