Sr. Construction Manager
Verita Telecommunications Corp.
NATURE OF WORK:
Responsible for coordination of the Outside Plant (OSP) Construction projects. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Director. Performs other related duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and coordinates all on-site construction activities for compliance with schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with contract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan.
- Directs field staff in the daily, weekly planning process.
- Supervises and mentors all supervisors; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
- Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance.
- Directs and approves the development and implementation of construction schedules.
- Coordinates the Construction Completion and the complete handover of packages including all punch list items.
- Assists Director with client interface and relations.
- Coordinates with Material Manager to review all procured materials for acceptance.
- Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
- Conducts weekly coordination meetings with field staff & subcontractors.
- Conducts weekly staff & subcontractor meetings.
- Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Project Controls Manager.
- Monitors all extra work authorization requests, back charges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
- Responsible for completion of the construction punch-list.
- Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
- Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
- Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and Quality Managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager or Safety Manager.
- Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
- Monitors and controls hours particularly overtime hours by his subordinates and subcontractors.
- Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Supervises the work of others.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
- High School diploma with a minimum of 10 years of experience in all aspects of outside plant telecommunications (OSP) construction.
- Having an extensive safety background is a must.
- A particular area of emphasis will be on underground construction including large drills and excavation.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in leadership responsible for leading several crews.
- From a leadership perspective, organization, reporting, and communications on production schedules are a must.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of OSP construction industry
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- Construction Project Management Systems
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management skills
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
- Project management skills
- Communication and meeting skills
- Time reporting systems