Sales Associate PT
6842 Madison Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46227
Part-Time Shift(s): Monday-Friday between 7am-5pm; 15-28 hours/week
Working as Part-Time Sales Associate PT, you will have the opportunity to balance formal training with real-world experience running a branch and working with customers. It's a great way to learn the ropes of our fast-paced industry and potentially transition into a full-time sales position. Fastenal Company is currently seeking candidates for a part-time Sales Associate PT position at our branch located at 6842 Madison Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46227.
The training experience includes hands-on, on-line, and classroom training offered through our corporate university. The training program for current employees who are promoted into these positions will vary based on prior experience with the company.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sales and customer service
- Managing inventory
- Placing and fulfilling orders
- Performing local sales calls and deliveries with a company vehicle
REQUIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
The following skills and qualifications are required for this position:
- 18 years of age or over
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- Possess or are working towards a degree in Business/Marketing OR have equivalent industry experience and knowledge of the local market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong computer skills and math aptitude
- Exhibit strong aptitude for sales and desire to earn salary plus commission after the training period
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and customer service oriented
- Demonstrate our core values of ambition, innovation, integrity and teamwork
- Ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Ability to pass the required drug screen (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY).
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown as a distributor of industrial and construction supplies from a single branch to approximately 3,000 servicing locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things - if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and advance to become company leaders.
As a growth company with a solid financial position, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.